PDA

View Full Version : Fiction: What happens on the Top Floor?

tfd
12-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Jess walked down the beautiful, wide street, admiring the Manhattan architecture. She felt the gentle breeze sweeping across her face, and the song of mechanics whirring, cars driving, mobile phones ringing. This was her kind of place. Jess longed to stay out in the fresh morning wind for longer, but Lucy had given her a small buisness card, with simply an address printed on it, and '9AM' written on the back of the heavy paper, in Lucy's handwriting. It hadn't taken Jess long to find the location, and establish that it was a television studio in the center of the city. Jess wondered what Lucy had planned, and was a little unsure, as the last time a similar situation had occured, Jess had ended up covered in thick slime. She took a few more strides, her phone bleeping, to notify her of the proximity of the address. Jess found a pair of glass doors, and pushed one open, walking into the bright lobby of the building. She walked up to the reception desk, and was greeted by the woman staffing the desk.
'Good Morning, Is there anything I can help you with today?' The lady asked, although Jess was doubtful the woman would know of Lucy.
'I'm here as a guest of Ms. Lucy Wood. I'm Jessica Millar, She told me to arrive at 9AM.' Jess spoke apprehensively, being in a new environment, a new set of surroundings.
'Ah, yes, Ms. Millar, Lucy is expecting you.' The receptionist replied, before standing up, and pressing on a bell, calling another receptionist to staff the front desk. The bell itself was hidden by way of the highest part of the desk overshadowing the lower areas. Jess turned around, not seeing the source of this sound, although stopping later, realising it's unimportance.
'Right this way.' The receptionist called out, leading Jess toward a pair of security arches. Jess was forced to fill out multiple declarations, and multiple badges, for her security clearance to her destination within the building. 'Do you have any studios here, or are these just offices?' Jess finally asked, fearing that Lucy had plans to humiliate her on television. 'Why no, these are, as you said, just offices.' Jess, at this, breathed a sigh of relief. She was free from her fear of multiple people seeing the forthcoming events, which, knowing Lucy, were bound to be both daring, and messy. Jess and the receptionist stepped into a lift, and the receptionist pushed a key into the small keyhole in the panel of the lift. She turned the key through 60 degrees, and let it snap back to the vertical position. At this, the lift doors shut, and the small white lights in the ceiling of the metal box faded into a dim blue.
'How queer, the lights must be as they are on whatever floor we are headed for' Jess thought to herself, wondering where they were going, and why the lift had turned blue, in a corporation headquarters. Jess felt the lift accelerate even further, the number at the top of the arched door rising steadily, from 5, to 10, to 20, relentlessly continuing. She wondered if that was an effect, and if this was all some eloquent scam set up by Lucy. The lift shuddered to a halt, the number reading 74. The lights in the lift, in a flash, went black. Jess screamed. She was in peril, at this moment. She grabbed at the hand of the receptionist, gravely afraid of the dark. Then there was light in the lift. Jess looked at the screen in the lift, that wasn't present before. She noticed the cavity in the wall that had opened. The monitor was only displaying a dim black screen, although gradually, a few words faded into view. She squinted, attempting to read the text, although this was futile. Jess looked at the receptionist. In the dim light, she could not tell what, but something seemed odd. It wasn't the woman from before. The text was finally readable, and this threw more light on the face of the woman. Jess was still perplexed as to what was wrong, but she soon noticed, as the woman opened her mouth. Jess recognised the expression, the facial mannerisms. She threw her arms around the woman, them both glad to see each other. The woman pointed at the monitor. Jess saw the getDare logo in the top left of the screen, and winked at Jess. She liked where this was going...

I will write more soon :) Comments would be appreciated, although can I have feedback, not just 'this is good/bad'

Sexybabe16
12-25-2009, 12:25 PM
WOW..I love the detail and the amount of effort you have put in. Can't wait for the next instalment:)

sfdsrox
01-17-2010, 07:32 PM
I like that you've used correct spelling and grammar throughout, and the imagery is great. Maybe splitting it up into smaller bits so it's easier to follow would be a good idea? Keep writing, please :)

tfd
01-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Ya... Cheers for the feedback. I'm pretty busy atm, but I can probably find some time tonight ^_^