PDA

View Full Version : Fiction: The Court of Team Leo

darksider
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Prelude: Although this is, almost entirely a work of fiction, some characters and events may have some roots in my everyday life. Starting with the location. At the University of Zodia (fake name) in the dorm community of Leo (my dorm community is also a zodiac), between four different buildings in the community is the courtyard. Initially this wasn't much, but as the year went by people, mostly smokers, would come and sit outside on the benches. I don't smoke, I might be the only one who doesn't, but that's not the point. Eventually the number of people who gathered outside went up, we all started to get to know each other, and are now all friends. Almost every night, there will be a couple of us who decide to stay up all night and hang out. I call our group team leo (replacing leo with my dorm's zodiac). some of these are more fact than fiction, but in order to hide the identities of others, names have been changed.

The people: I will call myself Jacob in this. Some of the other people who I see outside alot are Penny, two other Jacobs, two Randys, Dale, Reeves, Clyde, Samuel, Andrew, Amy, Mike, John, Adito, and I'll give more when I bring them up.

(keep in mind, when I say I, I am implying a fictional character, and am in no way expressing my own thoughts or actions)

When I first got here, I didn't do much, I went to class, I studied, I ate, I slept, and I played video games. Eventually I started sitting outside with a few other people, and started to make friends with them. When I came to college I knew I was going to start drinking, I didn't know when though. I didn't want to start drinking right away with some people I didn't know too well, so I skipped the first few times. I shouldn't have, I should have jumped right into it, now I'm in a situation where people think I don't want to do any of that. As a result, I don't get invited to alot of parties or anything. I drank for the first time last night, not alot, but I did, in fact, no more than 2 shots of rum. I never really liked the taste of most alchohol. To clarify, last night was the first night I drank to the point of a buzz, I've tasted alchohol before, but it really isn't a big deal. I remember my first taste of beer, I was at my friends house back home...

My friend back home, this one, his name was Nathon, and his whole family was full fo rednecks. Another one of my friends, Joel, who was really kind of a dick, was there as well. We were watching something on TV and he, knowing I had never drunk before handed me his Mike's Hard Lemonade. I didn't like it that much, if I had, I probobly would have gotten drunk then and there.

The only alchohol I know I like is Tequila. If I could get some of that, I'd get wasted... well if it was still the weekend. Dale was the man with the rum, 100 proof. He, well at least in my book, is the coolest person here, totally chill. It was me, him, Reeves, Amy, and three girls I had never met before, all together. It was fun, I took a shot, then drank about the equivalent of a half a shot in mix drinks. I got a buzz, I wanted more but I didn't think I could down another one. I'm not a very good shot drinker, I tend to let the alchohol sit in my mouth for a half a second then swallow it slowly. Needless to say, that burned. One of the girls I just met, whose name was Chelsea, was buzzing prior to the rum. She had a thing for Reeves, you could tell, especcially after earlier...

We were sitting outside on the benches, seperate from some of the other group because the housing department had the tables and benches bolted to the ground. Dale and Reeves each had a nice big rolled cigar. Reeves had taken the paper ring off of his and had jokingly proposed to Chelsea. The girls went with it, we took some pictures, and had our own mock wedding ceremony. Chelsea proclamed she wasn't drunk enough to make out with him yet, an obvious give away.

So after we had some rum, we came back downstairs and split up to talk to other people. I was headed to the bench Chelsea and Reeves were sitting at from the other set of benches, and found them making out. They were going at it too, lips must have touched for two full minutes. upon seeing this I turned around and continued talking to the others. Later that night they went up to her room, I cant tell for sure what happened, Chelsea's room-mate, Ariel had to interupt them to get something, so It couldn't have gotten too far.

So I stayed down there until about 6 in the morning chilling and hangin out with the group, then went to bed.

(end part 1, more next time)

molten man
11-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Keep it going, to early to comment!!